... use electricity


Electricity in Italy, as in the rest of Europe, comes out of the wall socket at 220 volts alternating at a 50 cycles per second.

If you plan on using your own 110-volt appliances, you will need a voltage converter, unless your appliance is designed to also work with 220 volts electricity (dual voltage). For example, most laptops and some electric shavers are designed to work both at 110 and 220 volts.  Plugging in an appliance that is not designed to run on 220 volts electricity without using voltage converter will most likely kill it.

Voltage converters might not be always easy to find in Italy, and definitely, you don't want to bother with looking for one while you should be sightseeing or relaxing.  If you think you will need one, it is a good idea to get it before you leave home.

As a matter of fact, Italian plugs can be of two different sizes.  Some socket will take in the plugs with large prongs only, some other will take in the ones with small prongs (more common for small appliances; large prongs are used for demanding appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines). And then there are sockets designed to take in any kind of plug.

Company Profile

marchioenjoyitaliantrip copia



The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page






















Opening Hours

Monday to Friday
9.00 am - 12.30 am CET
15.30 am-19.30 pm CET
Saturday: 10.00 am - 12.30 am CET
Sunday: Closed